Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"Doc Who" review at Infuze

Hi all:

My formal review of "Rose" and "The End of the World" is now posted over at Infuze Mag. Ignore the credit for Karri Compton - I've notified the editor, and I'm sure he'll give me proper credit soon enough ...

On the bright side, "The Unquiet Dead" follows on "The End of the World" rather than "Rose" so I quite enjoyed it. My fav Doctor Whos are the historicals and the outer space episodes. In other words, the stories that couldn't happen without the TARDIS. So eps 2 and 3 are right up my alley.

Still too much Rose though. The scene where she yells at the old man while the Doctor watches admiringly from the corner made me cringe. Sorry, but it should be the other way around, I mean, who's the alien time lord, who can travel in time and space here? Rose should be looking in admiration at the doctor, don'tcha think? Enough of the Rose worship and let's make the doctor the hero he is. The other cringeworthy scene is at the end when the doctor apologizes to Rose. Say, huh?

hrh

No comments: