Thursday, January 04, 2007

China Trip Wrap-up

Hi all:


Cute photo of the week:
My friend, traveling companion, and mother of these two sweet girls, has written up the amazing story of her family's two-year wait for daughter number two. I think it's a great and fitting wrap-up to this great adventure that some of you may have been following here on my blog and on the family's website.

The adoption agency she used, America World Adoption Association, has now posted the article.

Here's how it begins:

“Hold that plane!”

I felt like I was in the middle of a movie scene as my husband, four-year-old daughter, and I dashed through Detroit International Airport to make our flight to Beijing via Tokyo on November 16, 2006.

“Hurry, hurry!” I kept yelling back to my good friend Heather, who was lagging behind. “They’re boarding NOW!!”

Finally arriving at the gate, we met up with my equally nervous father-in-law and breathed a sigh of relief as our traveling group was finally together and could settle into our 12-hour flight to Japan ..."

Click here to read the rest of the happy conclusion and for another adorable photo of Lilly.

I love a happy ending!

Take care,

hrh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Mrs. Vince Gill"... wonder who that might be? :D

hrp