Apparently the following sentences have all appeared in some church bulletin somewhere. Perhaps you've read them yourself some Sunday morning?!
This particular list comes from Lynn Coleman and Donn Taylor
- Don't let worry kill you - let the church help.
- Thursday night - Potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- The rosebud on the alter this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
- This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
- Tuesday at 4:00 PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
- Wednesday, the ladies Liturgy Society will meet. Mrs. Jones will sing, "Put me in My Little Bed" accompanied by the pastor.
- Thursday at 5:00 P.M. there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All wishing to become little mothers, please see the minister in his study.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the alter.
- The service will close with "Little Drops of Water." One of the ladies will start quietly and the rest of the congregation will join in.
- Next Sunday a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet will come forward and do so.
- The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind and they may be seen in the church basement Friday.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- The preacher will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth With Joy."
- Today ... Christian Youth Fellowship House Sexuality Course, 8 p.m. Please park in the rear parking lot for this activity.
- During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when A. B. Doe supplied our pulpit.
- The Rev. Adams spoke briefly, much to the delight of his audience.
- The church is glad to have with us today as our guest minister the Rev. Shirley Green who has Mrs. Green with him. After the service we request that all remain in the sanctuary for the Hanging of the Greens.
- The eighth graders will be presenting Shakespeare's "Hamlet" in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- A new scientific study has revealed that, if your parents didn't have children, neither will you.
My favorites are 15, 16, 18, and 19.
What are yours? Tell us in the "comments" section.
Do you have any to add to the list? Share them in the "comments" section because:
"A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance." Proverbs 15:13
"A merry heart does good like a medicine." Proverbs 17:22