Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Full Moons and New Writing Challenge

Hi all:

Sorry you may get this post a bit late to catch May's first full moon - but maybe you can catch the second one!! Here's the scoop on the moon in May from Space.com:

May 2, 6:09 a.m. EDT - The Full Flower Moon. Flowers are abundant everywhere. It was also known as the Full Corn Planting Moon or the Milk Moon.

May 31, 9:04 p.m. EDT - The Blue Moon. The second full Moon occurring within a calendar month is usually bestowed this title.


Although the name suggests that to have two Full Moons in a single month is a rather rare occurrence (happening "just once in a . . . "), it actually occurs once about every three years on average
.

On another note, as you can see from my April Fool's progress bar, I only made it to about a third of my goal. Guess I'm the fool ...

But never fear, another month, another challenge, this time over at the American Christian Fiction Writer's members' forum. This one is called Book in a Month (BIAM) and is project oriented rather than word oriented, so I'm going to continue the project I worked on for the April Fool's challenge.

Happy May Day!!

hrh

No comments: