Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Graphic Classics: Jack London" at SF Reader

8/10/07 NOTE
Okay, the links are fixed and back online. Thanks for reading.

8/9/07 NOTE
I've removed the direct links to my review because currently the link takes you to a spam site. I've notified the SFReader review editor so I'm hopeful this will be corrected soon ...

Hi all:

I have a new review posted at SF Reader of a graphic novel called Graphic Classics: Jack London.




Here's how my review begins:


I remember reading Jack London's longer fiction, such as "The Call of the Wild" and "White Fang" back in school and enjoying his reporter's depiction of "nature red in tooth and claw." So I don't know if a) my tastes have changed, b) London's short fiction isn't as compelling, or c) his writing doesn't adapt well to the graphic novel form. Because I can't say I enjoyed the stories in Graphic Classics: Jack London much at all. And perhaps that interfered with my appreciation of the art, because I wasn't very impressed with that either. Maybe story really is all ...


Read the rest of my review here.


Enjoy!


hrh

No comments: