Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Kim Hill's "Broken Things"

Hi all:

I have a new review posted at Infuze Magazine. It's for Kim Hill's new CD Broken Things.


Here's how the review begins:

Full disclosure requires me to confess that I stopped listening to contemporary Christian music about 10 years ago because I felt it was too self-centered (all about me and God rather than God in the world), repetitive (formulaic songwriting with verse-chorus-verse-bridge), and derivative (bands imitating secular top-40 sounds). Occasionally I'd relisten to favorite artists like Charlie Peacock, Margaret Becker, and The Choir, but I never purchased any new material.

When I read Infuze's interview with Kim Hill a few weeks back, however, I was intrigued enough to check out her latest recording. She was one of the last Christian artists I listened to and enjoyed. She had a unique musical voice and sound. Her deep melancholy tone drew listeners into the music.

So, I listened to her latest album entitled Broken Things to see what had changed and what had stayed the same. I'm happy to report that Hill's fantastically rich vocal stylings, which add soul credence to whatever she sings, hasn't changed a bit.

Go here to read the rest of the review ...

Visit Kim's site for more info. about the lady and her music.

Enjoy!

hrh

No comments: