Friday, November 24, 2006

The Great Wall, Juyong Pass, China

Hi all:

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Most of our group ate in the hotel's Cafe Veranda extensive buffet. They included turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and other American Thanksgiving items along with just about anything else you could want, meat, vegetable, seafood, or dessert. We also had a trio of Chinese men playing intstruments and singing American songs like "You are My Sunshine" and "When the Saints go Marching In." Too funny! I haven't uploaded the pictures to the computer yet but when I do I'll post one.

Back to Beijing ...

Here are some pictures of the Great Wall. We went to a different section. Yay! I was hoping to see a different part than the last time I was here. Last time we were at the Badaling section. This time we went to the Juyong Pass. Here I am starting the climb:
I walked up just beyond the first tower in the distance. Very steep!


What goes up ...

Must come down ...
And down ...

This is what I looked like after the climb - a true Chinese hero now that I've climbed the wall in two sections:


It wasn't as cold or windy this time so it was a lovely experience. But I'm so glad to have had both.

For the story from the new adoptive family's perspective, visit their site and click on "Our Journey to China":

Journey to Lilly


Take care,

hrh

No comments: