Thursday, November 23, 2006

Beijing, China

Hi all:


I'm not sure now what I've written so I'll just pick some pictures for highlights.


Here's Abby & I on one of our many flights over here. She is being a real trooper on this trip. Four years old and ready for anything. Well, except the squat pots they use for public bathrooms in China. And I don't blame her! Don't worry, I don't have a picture of them.


Here's Chairman Mao's huge picture at the entrance to the Forbidden City as seen from Tianenman Square, the largest city square in the world. Beijing's population is 15 million.



Here's Gail and I at Tianenman Square. It was probably 50 or 60 degrees Fahrenheit, not as cold as last time we were here. And it's sunny! Last time was so smoggy and depressing.


I'm babysitting Abby right now while Gail and Lilly take a nap, so I better get back to babysitting duties.


More later ...


In the meantime, for the story from the new adoptive family's perspective, visit their site and click on "Our Journey to China":

Journey to Lilly



Take care,


hrh

No comments: