Monday, November 20, 2006

November 16 - Baltimore to Detroit to Tokyo to Beijing, China!

Hi all,

It’s about 10:00 a.m. and we’ve been at BWI for an hour or so. Check-in was a breeze, but our flight is already delayed 20 minutes, which gives us 30 minutes to race between gates in Detroit. Ahhh, travel, hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait!

On my trip from CT to MD yesterday, security asked me to “surrender” (so dramatic) my 4 oz. bottle of hand sanitizer. But a kinder, gentler security guy let me keep it. So for the rest of the trip I put it in my checked bag. This morning, security was going to take 6 of Gail’s liquids because you’re only allowed one per person. But then he saw that it was medicine for a child with a cold and he let her keep it. He was also very supportive when he found out we’re traveling to adopt, so that was great. But he told her to put all the liquids in one zipped baggie and take it out at the next security checks.

I managed to connect to the free wireless airport connection but I can’t get on the Internet. I think my silly Yahoo DSL connector is interfering and won’t let me use wireless. Bummer!! If I was a computer guru, I could probably figure out how to bypass that, but I don’t want to ruin DSL forever after when I get home. I wonder if this will be a problem when I get to China and try to connect past Yahoo DSL?? That will stink!

Anyhoo, I’ll keep writing and figure out how to upload it somehow!!

hrh

No comments: