Tagging is a game played in the blogging community whereby one blogger writes up his or her own list on a certain topic and then "tags" a certain number of other bloggers to respond with their own lists on the same topic.
Sometimes the topics are "Top 10" lists of movies, TV shows, books, etc. Sometimes the topics are more personal, such as the one I've been tagged with, which is to reveal "8 Random Facts About Myself."
I've never actually played before, but since CJ - one of the lovely ladies behind Title Trakk - tagged me, I'll give it a go!
The first rule of the game, however, is to post the rules of the game. Here they are:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
8 random facts/habits about me ...
- I've been to China twice traveling with friends who have adopted two adorable, precious girls. We've been to Beijing, Nanning, and Guangzhou. My favorite city was Nanning!
- I've been to every United State except Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Montana, and North Dakota.
HINT: Take a road trip to all of the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead sites, and that will give you Wisconsin, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, and Missouri - and, of course, all the states in between! [Click on the states for info. on each LIW site.]
- My sister and I took the LIW trip in 1993 - the year the Mississippi flooded its banks. We saw Mark Twain's boyhood town of Hannibal, MO all flooded! We took 2 weeks and spent only $500 each (including souvenirs!) by tenting in national and state parks and eating 2 meals a day!
- I've also been to Brazil (on a missions trip) and Prince Edward Island (twice!) to visit Anne of Green Gables country!
- In 6th grade (#5 and I'm already reaching!), I came in second at the state chess championships in Hartford. (alas, I don't play much anymore ...)
- I was a Finalist at Write Safe for my spec script called "The Bridge" for Joan of Arcadia.
- My ultimate dream vacation is a 3-month cruise around the entire perimeter of the Mediterranean Sea from the Strait of Gibraltar in the West to the Israeli coast in the East and of course, including the various European Rivieras, Italian and Greek Isles, and Alexandria and the northern coast of Africa. Preferably with a side trip up the Nile to the Valley of the Kings, etc. And side trips in Israel to Masada, Qumran, the Dead Sea, Caesaria, the Sea of Galilee, etc.
- My ultimate pipe dream is to sell my house and (unencumbered with all those homeowner expenses) live in an RV, so I can satisy my travel habit!!
I now tag Michelle Sutton, Eve Nielsen, Rebecca LuElla Miller, Rebecca Grabill, Becca Johnson, (can never have enough Rebeccas!) Sharon Hinck, Frank Creed, and Karen Hancock.
Sooo, what are 8 random facts about you??