Monday, May 07, 2007

I've been tagged for 8 random facts!

Hi all:

Tagging is a game played in the blogging community whereby one blogger writes up his or her own list on a certain topic and then "tags" a certain number of other bloggers to respond with their own lists on the same topic.

Sometimes the topics are "Top 10" lists of movies, TV shows, books, etc. Sometimes the topics are more personal, such as the one I've been tagged with, which is to reveal "8 Random Facts About Myself."

I've never actually played before, but since CJ - one of the lovely ladies behind Title Trakk - tagged me, I'll give it a go!

The first rule of the game, however, is to post the rules of the game. Here they are:

  1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

8 random facts/habits about me ...

  1. I've been to China twice traveling with friends who have adopted two adorable, precious girls. We've been to Beijing, Nanning, and Guangzhou. My favorite city was Nanning!

  2. I've been to every United State except Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Montana, and North Dakota.
    HINT: Take a road trip to all of the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead sites, and that will give you Wisconsin, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, and Missouri - and, of course, all the states in between! [Click on the states for info. on each LIW site.]

  3. My sister and I took the LIW trip in 1993 - the year the Mississippi flooded its banks. We saw Mark Twain's boyhood town of Hannibal, MO all flooded! We took 2 weeks and spent only $500 each (including souvenirs!) by tenting in national and state parks and eating 2 meals a day!

  4. I've also been to Brazil (on a missions trip) and Prince Edward Island (twice!) to visit Anne of Green Gables country!


  5. In 6th grade (#5 and I'm already reaching!), I came in second at the state chess championships in Hartford. (alas, I don't play much anymore ...)


  6. I was a Finalist at Write Safe for my spec script called "The Bridge" for Joan of Arcadia.


  7. My ultimate dream vacation is a 3-month cruise around the entire perimeter of the Mediterranean Sea from the Strait of Gibraltar in the West to the Israeli coast in the East and of course, including the various European Rivieras, Italian and Greek Isles, and Alexandria and the northern coast of Africa. Preferably with a side trip up the Nile to the Valley of the Kings, etc. And side trips in Israel to Masada, Qumran, the Dead Sea, Caesaria, the Sea of Galilee, etc.


  8. My ultimate pipe dream is to sell my house and (unencumbered with all those homeowner expenses) live in an RV, so I can satisy my travel habit!!
That's all I can think of on the spot. I guess I'm not very random after all - I just like to TRAVEL!

I now tag Michelle Sutton, Eve Nielsen, Rebecca LuElla Miller, Rebecca Grabill, Becca Johnson, (can never have enough Rebeccas!) Sharon Hinck, Frank Creed, and Karen Hancock.

Sooo, what are 8 random facts about you??

hrh

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ahhh! I've been tagged!!!!!

If you buy an RV, I'll buy an RV, how's that? Our families can travel together, see the world. Or, at least the parts of it you can get to from an RV.

Sharon Hinck said...

Prince Edward Island!!! COOL! I'd love to visit there AND read the Anne books while there. :-)

I'll cheat and list my random facts on my website bio page (under "The Secret Life of Sharon Hinck") since I'm swamped (and sick) right now and might not get to it for awhile.

Sharon Hinck said...

Okay, dear one. I accept the tag and have posted on my website. When three people tagged me in a few days time, I decided I just better play! :-)

Karen Hancock said...

Tagged! Twice now, but not in one day. I just discovered Rebecca had tagged me earlier for a different game. The only problem is, more than half the people I'd tag back are already tagged. But. I will play. Can I tag Sharon again? She's already been tagged three times so... {grin}

Unknown said...

Aha! I've been tagged *grin* I'll post it on my blog.

hrh said...

Hey everyone, thanks for playing, I'm off to read 8 Random Facts about everyone. Can't wait to see what I find out about y'all. (Can I use that term even though I live in CT? I'm in southern CT if that counts ...) :)

Rebecca said...

Ok, I'm finally getting my post together ... sooooon! Promise.

C.J. Darlington said...

Thanks for playing along, Heather! I like to travel, too.

Frank Creed said...

I thought you were my first tagger -- until I checked my ShoutLife account!!! Anyway, it was fun Heather and I certainly enjoyed reading your random facts. BTW, my wife (a Canuck) says: PEI is one of Canada's most precious jewels and I've never been. However, I started reading the "Anne" books as a youngster and then again in university. Lucy Maud Montgomery was a talented writer wasn't she? I was enchanted by the books as an adult for (almost) entirely different reasons than I had as a child.

FC