Thursday, May 03, 2007

National Day of Prayer - Thursday May 3, 2007

Hi all:

I apologize to subscribers who may get this post tomorrow - poor timing on my part. But prayer is always in season!

Officially, May 3, 2007 is this year's National Day of Prayer.


Here's a blurb from the National Day of Prayer website:


The 56th Annual National Day of Prayer will take place Thursday, May 3, 2007. The theme for this year is "America, Unite in Prayer" and is based on the verse from II Chronicles 7:14 which states:


"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (New International Version) ...


While this passage is specifically for the Jewish nation, the apostle Paul does urge us to pray for government leaders. And Jesus taught us how to pray by lesson and example. My $.02 is to urge us to begin by seeking God ourselves in the vein of Psalm 139:


23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.


Take care,


hrh

No comments: