Please listen to tomorrow's weekly GOP address. Why? Well, House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi just released another health care bill from the House. And guess what?
- Abortion coverage is back in.
- Coverage for illegal immigrants is back in.
- Mandatory end of life counseling alongside mandates for doctors to cut spending - which means they are incentivized to counsel seniors to not get the best care because it's too expensive - is back in.
- Penalties for not having health insurance are back in.
- The government "public" option is back in.
So in tomorrow's weekly GOP address, House Minority Leader John Boehner will outline the right way to fix the parts of health care that are broken.
Here are my comments on the subject:
Because, really if you think of health care as a house, the house of U.S. health care is a mansion, the best in the world. 85% of American citizens are covered, and of those people, 75% or so are happy with their care. That's pretty darn good!
So to cover the 15% or so who want to be covered, all we need to do is finish off the basement, renovate the attic, or put in a room over the garage. We do NOT need to come in with a wrecking ball and knock the whole house down!!! Which is exactly what the Dem plan does!
- Finish off the basement with medical malpractice lawsuit reform.
- Renovate the attic by lifting the government restrictions on buying healthcare nationally across state lines. That's how we buy automobile, life, and home insurance. The Dems say the government option is necessary for choice and competition, but it will give us only one more choice. If they would lift the barrier to buy across state lines, that would give us around 1,500 choices, which is the number of health insurance companies in America!!
- Put in a room over the garage by incentivizing Health Savings Accounts with high deductible, low cost catastrophic health insurance policies! (That's what I have and more than 13 million others across American and it's great! It's my bank account that goes with me if I leave this job. Pretax deposits, interest bearing, used for healthcare expenses.)
Here's what Sarah Palin just wrote in her Facebook note:
Mark my words - tomorrow is the game changer! Tune in to hear common sense solutions that bury the false accusations that conscientious members of Congress have no solutions to meet America's health care challenges.
If you're like me, shaking your head wondering why all the miscommunication between Washington and the American people who have been saying, "Please hear what we're saying about our desire for health care reform," then tomorrow will be a refreshing time of clarity for all.
All Americans, and especially colleagues of House Republican Leader John Boehner: please listen to tomorrow's weekly GOP national address. Rep. Boehner will highlight a common sense alternative to Speaker Pelosi's 1,990-page government takeover of health care. I urge you to watch for it. For a preview, go to: http://HealthCare.GOP.gov
You'll hear solutions. You'll hear of real choices based on America's proven free-market principles. You'll know once and for all what the GOP and Independents have been saying all along about alternatives to another big government take over. After tomorrow, you'll know that accusations against the GOP and Independents for not providing solutions are false. Those claims are bogus. There are alternatives. Tune in to Rep. Boehner's address tomorrow to hear them.
I look forward to the game changer!
- Sarah Palin
BTW, good news from at least one of Connecticut's senators: Joe Lieberman will vote with the GOP bills with public options! Thanks, Joe!